Sunday 1 April 2018

Editorial - The More My House Changes, The More My Bedrooms Stay The Same

'I became expert at recreating recognisable bedrooms, at projecting some part of myself onto white walls, at forging familiar comforts from the generic. The plastic bags were my means of carrying my home on my back like a lurid, ungainly snail.'
As I continue with this editorial project, I am noticing that even thought I am working within a full page constraint, it's rare that I use the entire measurements to create my images, rather working in smaller sections or creating a larger scale vignette style image. I think this allows me to explore composition a little more, as without using the full page, I need to find ways to keep my imagery engaging and interesting to the viewer. 

I tried focusing more on a quote for this piece, specificly 'carrying my home on my back like a lurid, unngainly snail'. I found this to be a quote that fit with the overall message behind the creative writing piece, the idea of carrying specific things around with you to make any place feel like home. As with the last piece, I tried to tell the story of the entire article through writing, with this, i'm trying to focus down on one specific over-arching aspect of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment