Saturday 3 March 2018

Self-directed Editorial Brief - Selected Articles from Oh Comely Magazine

For this self-directed project I wanted to give editorial another go. I feel that this is an area I could be interested in if I find the right articles for me to work around. I've been a long time reader of Oh Comely magazine, finding their short stories and articles engaging as well as emotionally driven. For this brief, I have selected three articles from back issues of the magazine, and aim to produce an accompanying image on a weekly basis. If the project is succesful, I aim to print the final images and send them into the amgazines art director and/or submissions department as an attempt to network and try get my work 'out there' a little bit. The magazine regularly features a host of different illustrators and have recently changed their cover design from being photography based to illustration based. The three selected articles are as follows:














Museum of You - Philiy Page
Issue 33
Fictional Creative Writing Piece
Themes/Concept - Letting go, longing, nostalgia, holding on, traces, missing, memory, personal, emotion, heart break, remembering














The More My Houses Change, The More My Bedrooms Stay The Same - Charlotte Humphery
Issue 24
Reflective Creative Writing Piece
Themes/Concept - Home, nesting, personal, space, rooms, comfort, home-making, objects, familiarities

(insert scanned page)

A Garden In My Mind - Linnea Enstrom
Issue 22
Reflective Creative Writing Piece
Themes/Concept - forest, woods, outdoors, mundanity, career, life, confidence, uncertainty, trapped, acceptance, calm

No comments:

Post a Comment