Thursday 8 March 2018

Editorial - Museum of You

'I unpacked the jars, your toenails first, then the fingernails. hair clumps and eyelashes. The scabs for your heart I lay as the final piece. A shape of you in the wet sand as the tide washed in and pulled you away to the four corners of the world.'
I'm really enjoying working with editorial pieces so far, being able to choose the kind of article I'm illustrating is allowing me to enjoy the process alot more. It's also strengthening my ability to work with some kind of narrative and be able to tell a story within my work. Once again, the quick turn around of the brief is working well for me, allowing me to generate ideas, finalise one, and experiment with colour and composition when creating my image without it dragging out for too long and me getting a little bored with it all. So far I am hitting the deadlines I've set myself within this mini brief, and aim to continue completing one a week until the three final images are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment