Wednesday 28 February 2018

Album Cover A Week: Turnover - Peripheral Vision

This album cover marks the end of the mini-brief I had set myself of re-designing a different LP cover a week. I decided to end on one of my favourite albums, Turnover's 'Peripheral Vision'. I tried to create a feeling of detachment and isolation, keeping the composition of the image minimal. I also tried to explore a different range of media, using pencil to create initial images, and then using different paint texture brushes to add colour and fire. I've really enjoyed working in this way, and feel that my work throughout this project has progressed quite a lot compared to the first image I created. 



Things I have learnt from this brief: 

- Working within this format and around this subject matter is something that I enjoy doing and have fun creating images for - this is something I should continue trying to do 

- I've explored different ways of laying out images, and think that this has benefited my practice, making me more aware of how I consider compisition 

- I can work in a range of different ways and thats okay. I get worried that my work isn't visually consistent a lot of the time, but I dont think this is always a bad thing. It allows me to flexible and adapt my work to fit the subject matter



No comments:

Post a Comment