Thursday 19 January 2017

Penguin Book Awards - To Kill A Mockingbird

I've decided to make a start on the Penguin Book Awards brief, with my chosen book being To Kill A Mockingbird. I've never actually read the book before but I've done a bit of research on all three and feel that this is the book that i'm most confident working on.

The brief asks for us to design a new and classic cover for the book, coming at it from a fresh perspective to create a cover that should feel timeless and confident and appeal to a whole new generation of readers.

The cover must be 198mm high by 129mm wide with a spine of 20 mm and must incorporate the arrow branding, barcode and additional text.

The deadline is the 7th March at 12 noon and the final cover must be submitted as:
.PDF
.300 dpi
.CMYK
.5mm Bleed
.Trim and crop marks
. Colour managed
. Max size 5mb

I am hoping to get this brief done by the end of February and be working on it at a weekly basis. This should give me plenty of time for research, roughs and development as well as producing a final copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment