Friday 13 January 2017

Final 30 Second Sting

Margaret Atwood from Leah Haywood on Vimeo.

Finally! I've managed to animate something!
I've kept this really simple, and I mean simple. Maybe too simple. I didn't draw and compose my illustrations with animation/moving image in mind and think that this held me back a little, it was quite hard to separate what I wanted to move and what I didn't want too move. I also enjoyed having my illustrations as vignettes and found this quite tricky to work with when figuring out how to start the animation as I didn't want to start with just a flat image on the screen.

I'm really happy with how this turned out though. I think the simplicity of the animation kind of works with the shape based imagery and the neutral colours and that this is also emphasised by my choice of sound over the top. I am also happy with the type I chose to include and even happier that I could animate the type writing itself out on the screen. I think that could be a fun effect to play around with if I ever decide to animate again.

I do wish I had spent a bit more time on this and maybe made more thorough notes but overall, I'm not disappointed in my animation, and on reflection think that as a set, the animation compliments the prints that I've created and that they're all working in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment