Thursday 15 December 2016

Megacrit Feedback and Thoughts



I think the majority of the feedback I got from the megacrit at the end of term was largely positive in terms of my lino prints and how they're coming along. It was mentioned that some of them look a bit bare but this isn't too much of a concern to me at the minute as I'm still in the process of piecing things together and figuring out how to compose my final images. 

People also made reference to the pink and green tones I'd used for my screen prints and highlighted that these would work well incorporated into my existing prints. This has given me a clearer direction to go in in terms of colour. I was trying to choose between the two but I think the best way for me to make an informed decision is by mocking some things up on photoshop and experimenting with colour palette. 

One thing that I'm still really uncertain on is how I'm going to execute these prints. I feel like I've put a lot of time and effort into the lino prints and that they've printed quite well, but I also really like the textures and overall aesthetic created by monotype printing. I also think monotype printing lines up with my natural way of drawing where as lino printing is a lot more shape focused. Maybe there's a way that I can combine the two, I'd hate to see the lino prints go to waste completely so if I can bring some element of mono printing into these then I might be able to find a balance between the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment