Monday 14 November 2016

Screen Printing Induction


FINALLY I'VE FOUND A WAY OF SCREEN PRINTING THAT I ENJOY! CHINA MARKERS ARE MY SAVIOUR

I've got a slight love/hate relationship with screen printing, mostly because usually when I screen print something goes wrong but also because I could never get my head around how to get a more hand-drawn texture. But this time i managed it! Theresa suggested that I use a china marker to achieve different shades and textures and I was actually really happy with how the print came out!


I had a few prints that came out a bit wrong but that was only a problem with the pressure I was applying to the squeegee, after I figured that out it all went fine! I also got to use a table top printing bed rather than one of the big printing ones which was great because I could actually reach the back of the printing bed this time and I think that helped my apply pressure to the squeegee more evenly than I usually can. Overall, I'm really happy with the texture the china marker gave and think I'll be trying this out again to see what different shades I can produce by using the china marker.


No comments:

Post a Comment