Monday 11 April 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication - Simplify Someone Famous

For this quick task we had to create a portrait of a famous person without using their face. I had a few ideas floating about, but a lot of them were to do with fictional characters and I don't think that was allowed so they were scrapped. I ended up going with Salvador Dali and using his iconic moustache to represent him. I think it was a pretty decent representation and showed me a lot about how you can present someone without having to include an image of their face and how this can be done using really simple shapes and layouts. 
Mind Map and Initial Ideas

Initial Ideas
Final Piece
 Even though this was a really quick task it was a lot of fun and it taught me a lot about communication and how you don't have to use an exact representation of something to communicate an idea/figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment