Monday 15 February 2016

OUIL406 Visual Communication - Storyboarding

 Storyboarding so many different things is difficult and time-consuming. I'd left it a bit till last minute so I rushed a few and didn't give much consideration to the storylines or what it was that I was trying to say with my work. I was more concerned with just getting something down on paper.

Either way, storyboarding really helped me figure out what I wanted some of the gifs to show. I knew that I wanted to keep it kinda of simple. This is only a short brief and I didn't want to over complicate things and make stuff difficult for myself later down the line. Also, me and computers don't really get on so I'm trying to use this brief to ease myself into gif-making and trying to work my way around photoshop.

At the end of the storyboarding I decided to go with these three words/characters:

Tired
Dance
Rocks/Crystals


I chose these three because I felt comfortable with the characters I'd started to develop and these were words that I felt i was able to work with best. I think the next thing for me to do will be to revisit these three words and see what I can produce from them, developing existing characters and maybe creating a few new ones along the way and then storyboarding these in more detail before trying to turn them into a gif. 

No comments:

Post a Comment