Thursday 21 January 2016

OUIL405 - Problem Solving Through Storyboarding and Roughs

I developed a timeline and storyboard for my book to help structure it better around the historical infomation I had found on the Chevin. I then developed my storyboard into separate roughs to get a better idea of what was going into each page and how I was going to lay it all out.

Timeline and Storyboard

Page 1 & 2 Roughs

Page 3 & 4 Roughs

Page 5, 6 & 7 Roughs

Page 8 & 9 Roughs

Page 10 & 11 Roughs

Page 12 & 13 Roughs
Using a storyboard and timeline really helped me figure out how I wanted to lay my book out and how I could spread different parts of my research out over the book in an organised way, whilst keeping a good flow. I could see from the storyboard and develop roughs that the different pages would flow together well, nothing is disjointed or seems like it's out of place. Developing these into slightly larger roughs afterwards allowed me to define what the contents of each page would be and also to realise which areas I would need to find some visual reference for e.g. bronze age arrows and iron age huts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment