Monday 16 November 2015

OUIL403 - Module Evaluation


1.  Which practical skills and methodologies have you developed within this module and how effectively do you think you are employing them within your own practice?

Although I limited myself by only using hand drawn techniques, I feel I have developed these practical skills which has allowed me to effectively work in a variety of different styles with a selection of different mediums. I also think that I have developed practical skills in terms of producing roughs before moving onto final pieces. This has helped me to visualize what my final work will look like and give me an opportunity to see whether or not certain things would or wouldn’t work for certain projects. I think that I’m effectively employing these within my own practice throughout this brief and throughout others.


2. Which principles/ theories of image making have you found most valuable during this module and how effectively do you think you are employing these within your own practice?

Limitations on colour and format across all three briefs really made me think about how I was producing my work. I usually work in quite a lot of detail and had to learn how to simplify my Illustration in order to fulfil the mandatory requirements of the brief. Limitations on colour meant that although sometimes I was limited to one or two colours, I could still work with different tones of that particular colour, this allowed me to be a bit more flexible with my work and add a bit more depth to it without ignoring the requirements of the brief. I also think this brief has introduced me more to critical thinking as I’ve had to be constantly analysing and evaluating my own work, I think this is one of the main things I am employing within my own practice as on-going analysis is important to the development of my work and the development of a brief as a whole.


3. What strengths can you identify within your submission and how have you capitalised on these?

I feel that my main area of strength in my submission is the quality of the final work produced. I took pride and care within my work to make sure it was of the highest standard I could produce. I also feel that another area of strength would be my idea generation. I took the time to make sure I brainstormed ideas thoroughly and explored a variety of different paths to take my work down. I think this helped me a lot as it allowed me to explore different possibilities and produce a range of work that was carefully thought about.










4. What areas for further development can you identify within your submission and how will you address these in the future?

I feel that the main area for development in my submission would be the experimentation and development process. I feel like I got the hand of trying out new materials and developing my ideas throughout the module but also know that in the earlier briefs this was a weakness of mine. In the future I will address this by spending more time exploring a range of materials and spending time developing how I use these materials in my work. I also feel like I limited myself to hand drawn illustration and would like to address this by pushing myself to explore different ways of image making such as cut paper and collage.


5. In what way has this module introduced you to the Ba (Hons) Illustration programme?

I think this module has introduced me to the programme in terms of how broad a subject Illustration is. It has taught me how to apply my Illustration to different kinds of work, such as editorial and book covers etc. It has also introduced me to a structured way of tackling briefs given on this course, which in turn has helped a lot with my time management. I also believe that this module has helped me realise that Illustration doesn’t just have to be hand drawn imagery. It covers a broad range of techniques and materials from collage to Photoshop and although I did limit myself in this brief I am looking forward to widen the range of materials I use and discover different methods of image making.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance
x




Punctuality

x



Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced

x



Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group
x




The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment